Life at your front door
The first car-free neighborhood built from scratch in the United States.
2025 E Apache, Tempe, AZ
Seventeen acres of walkable homes,
vibrant retail, and beautiful open space.
On a light rail station, next to downtown.
A community unlike any other.
Welcome to the neighborhood
People-centered open space
Stroll along two miles of peaceful paseos, nestled between nearly 100 human-scale buildings. Over 55% of the neighborhood is open space. Enjoy abundant landscaping & shade, and zero asphalt. Host al fresco dinner for friends in an intimate courtyard.
Retail, right outside
Walk to the grocery store without crossing a street. Enjoy award-winning coffee, food, and other retail so close you can be there and back in five, no driving required.
All the ways
you want to get around
A community that embraces ebikes
Riding an ebike is wonderful. The cool breeze, freedom to travel anywhere, and joy of the electric boost. It's even better when your neighbors love ebikes. And the on-site ebike shop is there to take care of you.
Complimentary transit pass
There's a light rail station steps away from your apartment, and a platinum pass provided by Culdesac makes it free. Valley Metro gives you access to downtown Tempe, downtown Phoenix, downtown Mesa, and the airport.
Cars, when you need them
Culdesac residents get an exclusive 15% discount on all Lyft trips. Or use Waymo to access the world's largest autonomous vehicle service area. Envoy's on-site fleet of electric carshare vehicles has you covered for longer trips, starting at $5/hour. Culdesac Tempe has parking for visitors, deliveries, and mobility partners — but no resident parking.
Located in Tempe, Arizona
Tempe is the most bike friendly city in the 5-million person Phoenix metro, and has 300 days of sunshine a year. It also has a diverse food scene, and is home to one of the largest universities in the country.
Be there in ten
Our favorite spots within ten minutes of Culdesac Tempe, driving not required.
Places to visit when you're ready to check out the Phoenix Metro.
What's in the neighborhood
- 700+ furnished and unfurnished apartment homes for rent
- Live-work, studios, 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units
- Balconies and patios on select units
- 1 GB speed internet
Restaurant with wood-fired oven and cocktails
Street Corner Urban Market
- Coffee shop
Full-service ebike shop
Workspace by Culdesac
Weekly night market & event space
Hospitality, work spaces, and storage
- Furnished extended-stay rentals
- Short term rentals
- Private guest suites
- Coworking and conference rooms
- Private offices
- Micro-retail units
- Private ebike garages
- Self-storage units
Amenities & open space
- Two-story fitness center
- 2 miles of walking & cycling paths
- 50+ shared courtyards with BBQs & fountains
- Abundant public art, murals, and sculptures
- 55% of site is open space — zero asphalt on site
- Dog park & main park
- Refrigerated grocery delivery room
- Neighborhood-wide indoor/outdoor 1GB wifi
- Central plaza event space
- Community garden
- Pool & hot tub
- On-site light rail station and complimentary unlimited transit pass
- Full-service on-site ebike shop
- Biking classes, events, and 1-1 support from on-site team
- Bike repair stations
- Secure bike storage rooms & private ebike garages
- 15% discount on Lyft rides for Culdesac residents
- Waymo autonomous vehicle pick-up/drop-off zones
- On-site fleet of Envoy electric carshare vehicles
- On-site Bird rental scooters
- Parking for visitors, deliveries, and mobility partners
- Note: Culdesac Tempe does not have parking for residents. Onsite retail, amenities, & mobility benefits make living without a private car convenient and affordable.